Scroll through to test your knowledge of the University of Birmingham!
- What do all these things have in common: The front of Buckingham Palace, the central building of the V&A, the Victorian Law Courts in Birmingham and the red brick buildings at the University?
- We know it’s everyone’s favourite clock tower, but what is Old Joe’s official name?
Discover more fun facts about Old Joe.
Photo thanks to Cadbury Research Library, University of Birmingham (UA10/26)
- In 1944 University House was in high demand as a hall of residence, what Edwardian house (that was bequeathed to the University) was used as additional accommodation? Read more about the history of halls.
- When did the Green Heart (a 12 acre parkland in the centre of campus) officially open? The Green Heart features a prominent pathway of bricks with the names of donors that have supported the Bright Minds In Birmingham programme with a gift of £200 or more. Thank you to the group of more than 1,000 donors who sponsored a brick! Find out more about the Green Heart.
1. All designed by architect Aston Webb
2. Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clocktower
4. June 2019 - if you joined us for your Reunion Day last year you might remember!